vsphere 6.7 with vsphere replicate
error : System has paused replication: Disk added to VM
- Enable SSH on the host where the virtual machine is running.
- Using the VMware vSphere client, open the Configuration tab on the host.
- Click Properties in the Services section.
- Click SSH > Options.
- Click Start.
- SSH to the host using an SSH client like Putty.
- To get all the VMids, run the command:vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms or
vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms | grep “vm name”
- Find the VMid of the VM with the configuration issue. Make a note of the VMid. For example, consider the VMid is 55.
- To get the replication state of the Virtual Machine, run the command:vim-cmd hbrsvc/vmreplica.getState 55
- To disable VMware replication on the virtual machine, run the command:vim-cmd hbrsvc/vmreplica.disable 55
The output looks similar to:
[[email protected]:~] vim-cmd hbrsvc/vmreplica.disable 55
Disable VM Replication:
- To verify, run the getState command again:The output looks similar to:
[[email protected]:~] vim-cmd hbrsvc/vmreplica.getState 55
Retrieve VM running replication state:
faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
reason = “notConfigured”,
state = <unset>,
instanceId = <unset>,
vm = ‘vim.VirtualMachine:55’,
msg = “Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:1fwaf548, TCP:localhost:80>]: getGroupState
vSphere Replication operation error: Virtual machine is not configured for replication.”